Tuesday, July 22, 2014

May Update - indigo

I know, May update in July!  Its getting better but we are still working on timelines!

So for May I blogged about how it had this white fabric, a hammer, some dye and a book about pounding flowers.  I finally got some flowers out of the yard and started hammering.

And thus begins the cautionary tale part of our story.

I decided the little hammer M sent me was too small.  Surely my 5lb rubber mallet would work better.

Well, it's louder.

Then, I forgot my hand - eye coordination is a bit iffy.  and I happily hammered away until "OWIE!"  I 5lb malletted by left pinky.  Searing pain, I hipped up and down a lot, laughing like a moron because I knew it was my own fault!

After my finger went numb and I determined it was still attached, I returned to pounding flowers, keeping my fingers well out of the strike zone, and got the following;
This is a few leaves from a house plant, some kind of berry from my yard, and a few flowered weeds.
 It is an interesting mix now.  I am thinking about seeing if I can add a bit with some of the following pickings from my front yard today.
Some grasses, and some budded flowers.
 I think this is a cool way to play with fabric and various flora - just don't leave yourself with a purple finger for the wrong reasons!
ow ow ow ow ow ow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! We love to hear from you, please share your thoughts and feel free to join the fun!