Saturday, July 26, 2014

June - Package and Inspiration indigo

When i opened June's package I had to laugh.  Here are these gorgeous batiks in dark neutrals, and embroidery floss, needles and a pocket guide.  
I have been starting to play a bit with embroidery in quilting.  It's like M read my mind!

Hmmm, a lovely silvery tan floss and a rich red.  With the inspiration word 'haiku'.

Being a literal sort I gave serious thought to embroidering a haiku poem.  Just 2 problems.  I do not know how to embroider words yet and feel that might be a bit advanced.  And I don't write haiku poetry.  Now, i went through a poetry phase in my life.  And I love to read poetry.  But my version was generally dark and a little sad.  That is not what I want for this project.

Then I did a bit of research on haiku.  I read it is syllable based - 5, 7 and 5.

Hmmm.  I could do something interesting with that number sequence in a block.

So, then I went looking for eye candy - otherwise known as inspiration.  Percolating ideas!

Found on pinterest - love it!

Haiku Fabric quilt

From a Haiku Challenge


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! We love to hear from you, please share your thoughts and feel free to join the fun!