Saturday, March 15, 2014

March Inspiration - indigo

It's March already.  Every year I hear myself saying that more and more.  Its odd, with age time goes faster every day.  At least in my case.

This month's inspiration is about time passing.  Memories and joy.  It's made me quite reflective.  March is an anniversary for me at my job.  And M reminded me is an anniversary of a life changing event.

We were blessed to attend a high school with a remarkable music teacher who takes one of her choir classes on an international tour every few years.  The year after I graduated I had the chance to go with the group.  We went to Europe - starting in Spain and ending in Paris.  2 weeks of singing, touring, and generally being teens in a history ridden land.  It was March.  It was windy, and starting to bloom, and absolutely lovely thru the eyes of memory.

This is the packet I got in the mail for my inspiration to start.  Monochromatic and elegant.

I am not sure yet what fabrics I will add.  I am thinking about keeping it to a cream and shades of black landscape.  I am inspired by flying geese with all their movement, and the way they help the eye travel across the quilt.  I sketched out the below as a possible pattern, we will see.

Sadly for me all my photos from traveling various places - including Europe - have been lost in moving at various times.  I went looking for pictures online and here are a few that seem very familiar - these are the places and feelings I remember.
The streets of Barcelona.  Where siesta is lived.
St Sernin - where singing mass is a heavenly experience no matter what god you believe in.
Toulouse, France - where you can get lost in 2 minutes or less, and find a kindly shopkeeper to send you back on your way.




Paris - where if your hotel is within sight of the Eiffel tower, you can't get lost as long as you can still see the tower.  At least if you are 15-19 years old  ;)
So, don't get lost - stay in sight of the tower!

So, next to figure out some additional fabrics, and figure out if I should fussy cut a Eiffel Tower - I may not be able to resist!

happy sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! We love to hear from you, please share your thoughts and feel free to join the fun!