Sunday, March 2, 2014

Finished February - Molly

Completed my February block today. I must say, I like it. I had a vision in my head and out it came. 

Think of it as a surreal walk through the woods.

I cut the fabrics into random sized strips and folded under approximately 1/2" on each side. I then topstitched with the varigated thread a 1/4" on each side. Using a 12.5"x12.5" piece of muslin as a base, I arranged the strips, weaving them randomly, until I was happy. Again with the varigated thread I zigzagged down the vertical lines. 
Connor helped me with the topstitching

1 comment:

  1. I just love this, how the trees seem to peek out! Really interesting weaving combo.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! We love to hear from you, please share your thoughts and feel free to join the fun!