Wednesday, June 25, 2014

May Package - indigo

This project is so fun.  I get things in the mail that make me smile, miss my friend, and inspire.  I am so so lucky.

May's package was opened after I finished April.  I actually opened it right before bed, though I should know better.  I wound up staying awake for several hours with a smile thinking about what I can do with this treasure.

 Inside I found - white fabric, blue fabric dye, a mini hammer, and a book about flower pounding to dye fabric.

SCORE!

So from a quick read flower pounding is exactly what it sounds like.  You take the petals, stems and/or leaves of a plant, and using tape or another removable adhesive affix it to the right side of your prepared fabric.  set on a hard surface that will stand up to abuse - and hammer away.  The pounding squishes the flora which will give you a kind of relief image of your flower on the fabric as a dye.  Let it all dry and treat for permanency, and voila!

I can't WAIT to do this!  I am sure all my chores of Saturday may get swept aside just to play with fabric and flowers, and pound my stress away!

Below is an example of some of the flora I have in my backyard to potentially dye fabric.  I may also see of our local store has a summer bouquet on sale for some added colors and flora.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! We love to hear from you, please share your thoughts and feel free to join the fun!